Procainsa SA carried out the design, materials supply and commissioning of a new cathodic protection system, for the protection of all steel buried or in contact with the ground (tanks of vertical axis), under the concept of “Complex Installation”, according to UNE-EN 14505 “Cathodic protection of complex structures”.
• Three (3) deep-well groundbeds of 50 m in length, with 12 TiMMO anodes grouped 2 in 2 in the active segment (30 m) and connected to an anode connection regulation box, equipped with variable resistances of balance, measurement shunts and safety fuses.
• Three (3) cathodic protection stations (EPC) with power supply at 230V / 50Hz, maximum outputs planned 80V / 70A, Manual / Automatic regulation via permanent electrode Cu/CuSO4.
• Thirteen (13) permanent Cu/CuSO4 electrodes with 10 cm² steel coupons were used for cathodic protection measurements in potential test points (TP), around of storage tanks.
• Two (2) permanent electrodes of Cu/CuSO4 with 10 cm² steel coupons were utilised for cathodic protection measurements in potential test points (TP) for buried tanks.
• Two (2) permanent Cu/CuSO4 electrodes with 10 cm² steel coupons were installed for cathodic protection measurements in potential test points (TP) for buried pipelines.
• Four (4) permanent Cu/CuSO4 electrodes with 10 cm² steel s coupons were used for cathodic protection measurements in each potential test points (TP) for the hydrocarbons inlet/outlet pipelines.
• Eighty-five (85) measuring points with a portable electrode for crossing concrete slabs, next to the underground bottom tanks.
The hydrocarbons storage plant needed a cathodic protection current injection of 150 A. It was observed that the cathodic protection criteria according to the UNE-EN 14505 standard “Cathodic protection of complex structures” were satisfied in all the potential test points provided (with permanent electrode and coupon or measurements with portable electrode) on the underground bottom tanks.
During project (5 months), the Procainsa SA team developed a very professional work.
Our success cases are the result of the trust of our clients.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.